[ontolog-forum] [Fwd: Re: using SKOS for controlled values for controlle

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "doug foxvog" <doug@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 10:24:16 -0400 (EDT)
Pavithra wrote:    (01)

> Isn't grammar the logic of the language? The verbs and the nouns and
> what should follow what?? )    (02)

Grammar in a natural language is a description of how that language is
normally used.  If an accepted grammar is not followed that means either
that the usage is somehow "improper", or that the grammar inadequately
describes the normal usage of the language.    (03)

Grammatical rules can be expressed using a logical formalism, but
that does not mean that the grammar itself is a logic.    (04)

-- doug    (05)

doug foxvog    doug@xxxxxxxxxx   http://ProgressiveAustin.org    (06)

"I speak as an American to the leaders of my own nation. The great
initiative in this war is ours. The initiative to stop it must be ours."
    - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.