Re: [ontolog-forum] using SKOS for controlled values for controlledvocab

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: John Bottoms <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 11:10:26 -0400
Bill,    (01)

Well, actually we did. I was involved in early work on dynamically
programmable computers. The intent was to emulate and tweak instruction
sets to tailor them for certain applications.    (02)

Now the chip makers, Intel et al hire statisticians to tailor the
instruction sets for the "best" mix of applications. I would imagine the
same could be true for semantic applications.    (03)

And, as for Turing...well, any test that is based on lying seems like a
weak beginning to AI for me.    (04)

-John Bottoms
  FirstStar    (05)