Re: [ontolog-forum] Sharing and Integrating Ontologies

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: FERENC KOVACS <f.kovacs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 16:43:22 +0000 (GMT)
John Aubrey,    (01)

Every mental phenomenon
 > includes something as object within itself, although they do not all do
 > so in the same way.  In presentation something is presented, in judgment
 > something is affirmed or denied, in love loved, in hate hated, in desire
 > desired and so on.  This intentional in-existence is characteristic
 > exclusively of mental phenomena.  No physical phenomenon exhibits
 > anything like it.  We could, therefore, define mental phenomena by
 > saying that they are those phenomena which contain an object
 > intentionally within themselves.    (02)

I am in no way to be compared to those great authors, so I only request a
little     (03)

attention to the followig points:    (04)

To understand how "everything was started" physicist" went bakc in spacetime to
the Bigbang. What was before is a matter of debate. To nderstand what goes on
in     (05)

the mind we go back to babies and prehistoric men. before we learn to speak a
language we seem to master some concepts. Looking back to a situation which is
not proven yet we can assume that in the beginning we did not have one concept
related to an articulated word, but when we had one, it could have had several
functions and senses.    (06)

Thus projecting back what we have today in a single word form, such as change
for     (07)

example, we have in WordNet a noun and a verb of the same form. In terms of
concepts and logic however such a word means three conceptions, namely change
is     (08)

an object made by man called concept. This object is at the same time a
relation     (09)

between man, the observer or the doer (agent) represented by the verb change.
Third, this word change is not just the result (product) of the verb change in
the object (concept) change, but also a property called change opf that object.
This last bit     (010)

needs some further clarification. You could say that the property form of
change     (011)

should be changing or changed, but since time is not introduced here yet,
accept     (012)

that many nouns (such as change) are used as adjectives with other nouns, hence
as a property.     (013)

Besides, as soon as something is seen as property, it is almost automatic to
see     (014)

it as an object.    (015)

Therefore check out a few other words and see how this triple nature of a
single     (016)

word is revealed as object, property and relation in one package.     (017)

Try translation, creation, information, conception, etc.
The fact that the word format is not identical in all the three functions in
other cases is not an issue.
A quote from B. Hamvas  relavant here: Whoever informs you will transform you.    (018)

It is important to see that the three components - object, property and
relation
do not exist without one another, although object has a greater autnomy than
the
other two. They are fine to describe the world as conceived as spacetime.    (019)

But spacetime is not complete. The third constituent of reality besides
spacetime is motion. Those three together are defined recursively by physicist.    (020)

As for the dynamic representation of reality with upper ontology priimitives
object, property and relation is complete with change as the most generic verb,
hence the most abstract (a misnomer). Check out in Physics what you get in
observation of reality at subatomic level, how the philosophical version of
wishful thinking is examplified.    (021)

But the main point is that integrating ontologies that are represented in 2D,
as
any configuration in a surface will necesarily be short of depicting the time
dimension, leaving us with the task of reading the nets, webs or lattices from
either end, but not allowing us to see how the pattern is growing subject to
mental operations performed in relations (through verbs).    (022)

Regards,    (023)

ferenc    (024)