Re: [ontolog-forum] Triadic Sign Relations In Practice

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Rich Cooper" <rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 13:50:59 -0700

Hi Jon,

Thanks for Peircifying the discussion so I (for one) can start to figure out what Peirce is good for.

The triad we discussed earlier was <sign, interpretANT, interpretER>.

The different triad you are presenting here is <object,sign,interpretANT> with a fallen InterpretER

How are these two triads related?  Clearly the only way to take the InterpretER out of the issue is to make the difficult to justify claim of objectivity – “everyone perceives it this way”.

Please explain the use of Everyone as the observer, actor InterpretER>.

Thanks,

-Rich

Sincerely,

Rich Cooper