Re: [ontolog-forum] Semantic Enterprise Architecture

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Larry Head <larry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Matthew K. Hettinger" <mkhettinger@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 11:45:37 -0500
Jack and all

I lied, I'm back -

1) Yes - enterprise semantic / ontology and language systems should be part of the infrastructure. That is where I put it in my EA artifacts and that is where they are realized in the enterprise.

2). I agree with your aspects but add more e.g. *semiotics, ontology and language*, and law, your economics I name Economics Finance and Accounting (not sure if it is equivalent), your human social dynamics I include in "the enterprise *is a* system - in the (general) systems-theoretic sense (which by definition includes social systems, ecology, and complexity, adaptation, learning).
[This is where I part company with 99.9% of the EA community who don't / won't consider enterprises in this way - my ontological commitment is different]

Now I will go back and stay in my hole - maybe.

Matt