Re: [ontolog-forum] What does the "Semantic web" experience encompass?

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: David Eddy <deddy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 17:06:03 -0400
Ron -    (01)

On Mar 31, 2010, at 4:44 PM, Ron Wheeler wrote:    (02)

> I am not sure what you can do if you install Google behind your
> firewall.
>
> http://code.google.com/apis/searchappliance/documentation/50/
> index.html
>
> Can you seed it with your terms and relations?
> How fast does it learn from your own users picking results from
> further
> down the list or mixing search terms together.
> I have never installed one but I bet they are pretty good at
> "learning"
> your documentation's terms and relationships.    (03)

I hang around with an odd mix of professional critics & librarians...
none of
them have waxed poetic about how the GSA (Google Search Appliance)
performs.    (04)

A major challenge is in the "outside" world Google can mine HTML
links...
a resource that is conspicuously absent behind the firewall.    (05)

David Eddy
deddy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx    (06)

781-455-0949    (07)