Re: [ontolog-forum] What does the "Semantic web" experience encompass?

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: David Eddy <deddy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 12:25:09 -0400
Ron -    (01)

On Mar 31, 2010, at 8:43 AM, Ron Wheeler wrote:    (02)

>> Pros: Doable, would be a dynamic target based on the fact all of us
>> (including spamdexers) would be able to influence the system.
>> Cons: This was patented over a decade ago (I filed one patent).
> You should be suing Google. If you use their search engine, this is
> what
> it does. As you type, it suggests contexts to you in the search box.
> I am not sure what their next step will be but it appears that you
> will
> eventually have a user of your patent.    (03)

 From what I see of that Google feature, all it does is list words/
phrases BEGINNING with what I've begun to type.  I'm still unclear if
it is only presenting me phrases that I've typed or phrases collected
elsewhere.    (04)

When I type "zip" (as in "zip code") it does NOT also offer "postal
code"    (05)

Inside the firewall, what we need to get to (remember a primary
economic driver here is the nasty costs of interoperability... e.g I
make a change in Silo A, not knowing it impacts something in Silo Z),
what we need to have is a process whereby, when I begin to query on
"social security number", the pre-query, context setting mechanism
pushes back (offers a drop down list like Google?) it offers SSN,
TIN, EIN, empl_ID, soc_sec_no, SOC-SEC-NO, taxid, SIN, .... allowing
you to broaden/narrow your query depending on your needs.    (06)

David Eddy
deddy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx    (07)

781-455-0949    (08)