Re: [ontolog-forum] What does the "Semantic web" experience encompass?

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Duane Nickull <dnickull@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 10:11:06 -0700
Pavitha:

I think I have an understanding of the abstract model behind SOA .  While your definition of SOA may be “a <noun> composed of a collection of services”, I like to define it as an abstract model for a way of doing architecture focused on the service as the abstract boundary between a capability and the consumer of the capability (as per the OASIS SOA Reference Model).  The abstract definition allows me to examine what SOA is and how it differs from other styles of architecture.

I also wrote the book Web 2.0 Architectures for Tim O’Reilly which calls out SOA as an important pattern.    There was one pattern within this book called the “semantic reconciliation pattern” which explored some of this.  I would love to get your input on this.

Duane