Re: [ontolog-forum] Foundation ontology, CYC, and Mapping

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, pat@xxxxxxxxx
From: Rob Freeman <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 16:51:03 +1300
Pat,    (01)

Yes, my key doubt is that "incompatible theories can be described in
terms of common, more basic elements".    (02)

On Tue, Feb 2, 2010 at 12:02 PM, Patrick Cassidy <pat@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> ... If you doubt that incompatible
> theories can be described in terms of common, more basic elements, try
> presenting some incompatible theories (and show how they are logically
> incompatible) and I will show how it can be done.    (03)

Examples of incompatible theories: the axiomatic set theories of mathematics.
How they are logically incompatible: Search Google on "axiomatic set
theories incompatible" for numerous proofs.    (04)

If you want to build me a FO, can you build me a FO of maths first.
Show me how all theories of maths can be derived from a single theory.    (05)

-Rob    (06)