Re: [ontolog-forum] Semantic Systems

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "FERENC KOVACS" <f.kovacs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 05:35:48 +0100

Rich

RC> None of those abilities include AND, OR, NOT, ANY & ALL functions of FOL.  Therefore this level seems to me to be the phase which JS, FK, PH, PC, EB (and some other acronyms I can't spell) all agree that EXISTENCE is the only operating principal in the ontogeny of agency.  An agent at this level can only detect existence of a - a - gasp - a Thing.  It can't tell A from B, or even whether there is more than one Thing, without more knowledge.  There is yet no reason to toss in time, sequence, plurality, or those other -alities that choose new dimensions to be the next expansion of our ontogeny.

As soon as you awake to this world and perceive reality the width of seeing complete with the inut from other sensory organs is wide enough to get multiple information to process. The question is then to divide reality and focus. We are born with long sited vision and we learn to train our eyes muscles to see depth, to reverse the opricatl picture, etc. By dividing objects in space we need motion and change to perceive, hence the preconcepts of spacetime and motion are formed and everything is connected with everythin is assumed, just as that stabilty and anticipation of the same expereince to be confirmed in the future. Therefore GENERALITATION sets is which is made more diverse by learning more and gaining more experience. In any input we want compteness and a whole and then we are satisfied. But object relation and property may be conceived as part of the making sense experience, that is of a wider buffer thatn just one word, item or concept that need to be connecte for graphical representation with operators.

RC> The ability to represent types and tokens requires an ability to identify and order said types and tokens in pluralities.  This requirement argues for the ability to COMPARE THINGS and determine whether, at the very least, they are EQUAL as a TYPE or as a TOKEN or otherwise.

Since vision produces images of oibjects the size of which correspond to the distance and since we selectz between good and bad vicinity and move accordingly to and fro, and also because in the end the only difference between things is size, and size is then the function of distance and the resolution of the senses and the brain/thinking all this cannot be separated from motion, just as reason cannot be separated from emotion and will. And of reason emotion and will, probably will has the final say in actions thjta are motiovated by consious menatl work, which, I am afraid is omnly a fraction of the type of actions we (that is pur total body) perform daily.

So ma computer to behave like a human person should have the five senses processesd by unconscious and conscious mind composed of reason , emotion and will as well as far as we se humans for the time being.