Re: [ontolog-forum] Conjunction and Disjunction

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: John Bottoms <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2009 17:26:50 -0400
Rich and John,    (01)

I'm confused by the sentences and by John's combination.
The use of "the" as the declarative indicates to me that
there is one water fountain. I assume (abduction) that they
are going to drink or that Wanda is going to hold the faucet
while Paul drinks, or vice versa. Without a temporal element
or an explanation of cooperative action it seems to be a
problem of sparse data and the logic is unclear or is is to
be assumed.    (02)

-John Bottoms
  FirstStar
  Concord, MA