Re: [ontolog-forum] syntax & semantics

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Richard H. McCullough" <rhm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 18:07:34 -0700
From: Jawit Kien

Since I know you have said something in the past
about semantics being what you "mean" by a mKR
statement, are you just saying that what you think
in your head must be filtered through some logical
process (presumably in your head) which will
eventually yield the actual symbols you write down
on on paper i.e. the syntax?

If this is what you mean that "semantics precedes
syntax",
#### That is what I mean.  You have to have something
#### semantically meaningful to say, before you
#### use some syntax to write it down on paper.
how does the computer even come into
play until the last, where you use the computer to
record what you were thinking, instead of writing it
down on a piece of paper?
#### It doesn't
Inquiring minds want to know,
#### Any inquiring minds can find the mKR grammar
#### on my web site http://mkrmke.org
#### Motivated inquiring minds can find a partial
####  mKR-to-IKL translator on my web site.
  JK

Dick McCullough
http://mkrmke.org