Re: [ontolog-forum] New member / observer

To: <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: <Elizabeth.Hostetter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 09:31:01 -0400

Hi Duane,

I have heard of Ed Buchinski and may be meeting with him later this week. I will be heading out to his office to meeting with an IM analyst and a mystery person (Ed?) who works on Ontologies.

Right now I’m scoping out what’s going on the in government, especially in financial information. My view is that terminology must be standardized across government for so many and varied reasons, namely handling/enabling quick access to large data sets and putting into action this vision of Open Data that’s coming out of Washington and will likely make its way here as well.

If you know of any open ontologies, I have an Inventory that I’ve created on the Government of Canada Wiki (GCPEDIA…closed outside government) and I’d like to collect as many as possible.

Thanks!

Elizabeth Hostetter

Manager, Metadata Services | Gestionnaire, Services des métadonnées

Information Management and Technology Directorate | Directorat de la gestion de l'information et de la technologie

Corporate Services Branch | Direction des services ministériels

Department of Finance Canada | Ministère des Finances Canada

Ottawa, Canada K1A 0G5

Elizabeth.Hostetter@xxxxxxxxx

Telephone | Téléphone 613-992-4601 / Facsimile | Télécopieur 613-992-6411 / Teletypewriter | Téléimprimeur 613-995-1455