Re: [ontolog-forum] What is a good conversation? [was - ISOmergedontolog

To: "Christopher Spottiswoode" <cms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Azamat" <abdoul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 14:02:54 +0300
Christopher,    (01)

Hard to disagree with you.  A scientist must be unprejudiced, especially an
ontologist as a person dealing with whole worldviews.    (02)

But bias, partiality, partisanship, opinions, particular views,
inclinations, specific attitudes are in the nature of human beings. This is
aggravated more by the prejudiced knowledge management practice. Don't want
disappoint you, but an impartial mind of a scientist is gone with a partial
public funding, fixed tenuring, etc. So you have to part with the romantic
ideas of objective analysis of pros and contras, impartial reviewing, honest
recognition of facts and truths.    (03)

But you are right. Unlike other specialized researchers, ontologists must be
fully committed to a neutral and objective consolidation of all existing
models and theories on all aspects of the world, something what Wikipedia is
purposed to realize for human knowledge.    (04)

One big problem: the level of some ontology projects are at the stage of
"demons causing diseases". As typical for this pre-scientific stage, their
exponents are very pushy, astute and quick to form all sorts of "excellency
networks", etc. to get funded the Middle-Age stuff. What to do and how to
stop? I don't know.    (05)

I also find that there are many deep thoughts in your messages. If they have
been compact, then the reader could dig, get its diamonds, without digging
deeply, considering the email formatting. Appreciate your advice how to
advance a real ontological research and knowledge, getting rid of
pseudo-ontology projects.    (06)

Regards
Azamat    (07)

PS: as for the people mentioned, they know the reasons well, their FP7
partisanship induced my justified reaction.    (08)