Re: [ontolog-forum] RDF & RDFS (was... Is there something I missed?)

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Patrick Cassidy" <pat@xxxxxxxxx>
From: Pat Hayes <phayes@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 16:01:06 -0600

On Feb 6, 2009, at 3:46 PM, Patrick Cassidy wrote:

PatH,
   I had occasion, years back when I was doing DNA research, to coin a term “isagelous” to refer to abstract informational objects that have the same information content, but in different physical or syntactic form.   It is from Greek, “iso” meaning “same” and “agelos” meaning “information”.  It can apply to a sequence of DNA and its corresponding RNA transcript, or to a file and its compressed version, or to a message and its encrypted form.  It also might be applied to different implementations of the same algorithm in different computer languages, if there are no functional differences.
   Thus – “they are isagelous implementations of the same algorithm”
  Would this serve?

Useful word, to be sure. I notice though that in your example you still have to say "algorithm". So transcribe this to ontologies, where we might have isagelous formalizations, in CL and OWL-2, of the same.... what?

PatH

PS is it pronounced i-SA-gelous or isa-GEL-ous?

Pat

Patrick Cassidy
MICRA, Inc.
908-561-3416