Re: [ontolog-forum] Is there something I missed?

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: paola.dimaio@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 15:02:25 +0700

2.(a) He wants us all to use a W3C-designed ontology language.  Diversity,schmiversity.  The W3C universes of discourse shall be THE universes ofdiscourse on the Web.  And if you're not interested in any of theW3C-blessed levels of support for logical inferencing, you have littleto contribute to the "Semantic Web", no matter how much you know, orwhat you have to offer.

I am not sure if I would express it quite in these terms, but just to support my (partial I should have said) agreement with the above:
as I (try to) learn how to use the current SW ontology editors, I have come to realise that none of these allows me to create  an ontology in any other formalism than OWL,(or RDF), which constitute the boundary of W3C domain of discourse, as far I understand what was intended above....

PDM