Re: [ontolog-forum] Is there something I missed?

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Steve Newcomb <srn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2009 09:35:43 -0500
Nonetheless, Pat, the degree to which oxygen has been removed from the
KM space by RDF's partisans, and by decision-makers who ignorantly
credit all the
claims and innuendi of the vendor consortium known as W3C, richly
deserves informed responses, including John's. Your characterization of
John's contributions as "almost comically biased" ill serves everyone,
including you. It doesn't really mean anything. It's like saying that
John is a "snot-nose". Who isn't a snot-nose?    (01)

I'm wondering. Do you claim that there is *any* basis in fact for the
widespread belief, carefully nurtured by W3C partisans, that it's
somehow advantageous to treat Web addresses (as opposed to any other
kind of identification mechanism, string-based or otherwise) as proxies
for subjects of conversation?    (02)

My own observation, FWIW, is that "the goals of the SWeb" are
indistinguishable from the meta-goal of increasing the power and
influence of the W3C as an institution. Do you know of any factual (as
opposed to merely alleged) basis for any contrary claim?    (03)