Re: [ontolog-forum] Is there something I missed?

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Александр Шкотин <alex.shkotin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 11:37:34 +0300
Dear John,

for context see below, but

we choose OWL-DL as there are reasoners for it:
- to check inconsistency of definitions and facts
- to use reasoning during answer forming (to get clever answer;)
and there are repositories to store huge amount of owl-sentences. Now we have an idea to use owlgres.

I hope sentences I mentioned before are CL (SCL;), as they are so simple.
I did not find quickly any reasoner for CL. do we have one?
And if we are talking about translation to Prolog for reasoning (your slide 25) - well, I heard that DL-reasoner is a little bit more clever;)

Alex

ASh> Then we automatically translate these sentences to OWL...

I wouldn't recommend OWL.  Translating a controlled natural language
to and from Common Logic is much simpler and more systematic.  See

   http://www.jfsowa.com/talks/cl_sowa.pdf