Re: [ontolog-forum] mKR (was Thing and Class)

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Christopher Menzel <cmenzel@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 13:00:17 -0500
On Sep 10, 2008, at 5:05 PM, Richard H. McCullough wrote:
> Antoinette
> What can I do to help you "get it"?    (01)

A rigorous semantics would be a good start, i.e., a mathematically
precise account of how an alleged knowledge representation language
actually *represents*.  As far as I can see from the web site, mKR is
just uninterpreted syntax with an informal, quasi-philosophical
semantic gloss.  In this day and age, a rigorous semantics is a sine
qua non for a KR language.  (Compare OWL, CyCL, Conceptual Graphs,
Common Logic, etc.)    (02)

Chris Menzel    (03)