Re: [ontolog-forum] mKR (was Thing and Class)

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Richard H. McCullough" <rhm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 18:43:02 -0700
Chris    (01)

I don't have all the answers at this point, but I want to discuss
a few things, to try and establish some understanding between
us.    (02)

Starting with (b), just because it's easier.  mKR has
    if-then-else-fi  iff  implies
    and or not
    quantifiers: no a any the some all every
    for quantifier loops similar to many logic languages
I don't know why you say mKR is completely lacking
the apparatus of propositional and first-order logic.    (03)

In regard to (a), primitives such as "action", "context", "part",
"attribute", "relation", "time" are axiomatic concepts upon
which all other concepts depend.  They are dependent upon
each other.  I have given terse genus-differentia definitions of
each.  For example
    attribute is characteristic with single entity, non-separable;
    action is characteristic with single entity, non-separable, space, time.
    part is characteristic with single entity, separable;
    relation is characteristic with multiple entity;
My model of an action is something that takes place in an interval of
(real number) space, time, but I allow space, time measurements
to be real or discrete.    (04)

mKR is English-like, but it is formal, precise and unambiguous.
The simplest mKR proposition has the form
    at space=s, time=t, view=v { sentence };
v names a list of propositions (the context) which disambiguates
the sentence.  s,t name the sub-context associated with the changes
of an action.  Genus-differentia definitions are used to make terms
precise.  Sentence structure is governed by a formal grammar.    (05)

In effect, mKR starts with a "Simple English" language -- no word
variations for number, tense, etc. -- and prefixes every sentence with
the context which disambiguates it.    (06)

Dick McCullough
Ayn Rand do speak od mKR done;
mKE do enhance od Real Intelligence done;
knowledge haspart proposition list;
http://mKRmKE.org/    (07)