Re: [ontolog-forum] OntoPaedia [was Physical Grounding [was Foundation O

To: <standard-upper-ontology@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: user2 <jason3@xxxxxxx>
From: "Azamat" <abdoul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 18:34:03 +0300
James,

I fully support your search for a solid grounding or foundation for ontology. It is most significant to associate the foundation ontology with reality, without ambiguity. Another good thing is to know that such a reality is not bounded by the material world, the physical universe of sensible entities. It would be of great use to distinguish several forms and levels of reality or existence, as in:
The Ontological World, the world of Entity, Space and Time;
The Natural World, the universe of material entities, processes, and relationships;
The Mental World, the psychological realm of mental entities, processes, and relationships;
The Social Reality, the world of cultural objects, processes and social interrelations;
The Technological World, the realm of engineering systems and processes, encompassing the computing reality of information knowledge entities and relationships.

 We debate the hot topics and issues of Foundation Ontology quite a long: what it is, how it is possible, what it must cover, how it must be built, who will construct it, who is to fund it, how to store it, etc. Today I am glad to inform something concrete. Before soon everybody will have a chance to download such a ontology reference experimentation, named as ONTOPAEDIA: Global Knowledge Base, to be released by EIS Encyclopedic Intelligent Systems Ltd next month.
it's basic world hierarchy of entities grounds all key subject categories of Britannica, its Propaedia's knowledge organization system, the categorical systems of Wikipedia , as well as the reclassified WordNet.
In ONTOPAEDIA, it is practically demonstrated the integrating value of the Unified Foundation Ontology in building domain ontologies and knowledge bases, on all key topics presented in the Encyclopedia Britannica (Knowledge In Depth). As the more detailed use cases go the Medical Ontology, the Business Ontology, and the World Countries Ontology.
It's time to realize our big promises and hopes.

azamat abdoullaev