Re: [ontolog-forum] Wittgenstein and the pictures

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Adrian Walker" <adriandwalker@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 21:52:17 -0400
Hi John and All --

There's a fun aspect to Wittgenstein's language games, in a play by Tom Stoppard.

The actors speak a language which consists of ordinary English words, but with meanings completely different from the ones normally assigned to them.  The audience learns the meanings by observing the actions on stage.

For example, in the  language of the play, you can insult someone by calling them a bicycle.  A much stronger insult is "tricycle"!

                          Cheers,  -- Adrian

Internet Business Logic
A Wiki and SOA Endpoint for Executable Open Vocabulary English over SQL and RDF
Online at www.reengineeringllc.com    Shared use is free

Adrian Walker
Reengineering