Re: [ontolog-forum] meaning and core ontologies

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: FERENC KOVACS <f.kovacs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2008 00:57:56 +0000 (GMT)
Azamat and all,
My appologies.Pardon me for improper wording partly due to my usual enthusiam and elation, and partly due to my non-native English. I have been expecting questions with the ope that we can then synchronize our terminology and/oroints or observations. Instead, I have been given advice where to look for reading to understand you better. Now I accept that to understand me better, I really have to calm down and present my ideas in a different form though, not just trying to algn up to a thread.
The section below below should read like this after rethinking my message:
I believe that animals and very young chldren have the faculty of thinking, as we all go through a birth as mammals, probably we are aware of nothing then existence of life in an ever increasing manner and that is reflected in our minds.So the story of Genezis is a story of the indiividual rise of consciousness, which consciousness comprises the broadest categories we have as they correspond to the experience. In this process we repeat the filogenetic cycle and the story of acquiring a language individually must be very much like the process of human evolution with respect to his/her communicative skills.
Now we rely on pictures for thinking (and thoughts, etc.), a subject not properly defined anywhere in the wikipedia or elsewhere, but science relies on a disciplined mind (John Dewey) which calls for proper definitions. In addiiton to that any training in thinking skills as in education follows the principle to go from known to unknown (the old, and the near or the acustomed is not to which but with what we attend - J. Dewey) and from the simple to the more complex. You alsohave repetition, verification against experience, etc. to enforce any learning. The problem of converting from pictures to texts and vice versa is a basic obstacle in synchronising thoughts as we have no direct access to this process, but the process must be obvious enough to anybody.
Coming back to meaning, meaning is not defined at all, even by professors writing a book on Semantics, as the case may be in Hungarian.And it is also clear that meaning is not sought in texts only, but elsewhere, with reason too ("man is a meaning seeking animal")  as C.Simonyi found it his next subject of research in intent (intentsoft) which is nearly the same as meaning, sense2.
Yes, there are too many things that I would like to talk about, sorry about that.