Re: [ontolog-forum] Search engine for the ontology

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Azamat" <abdoul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 16:56:11 +0200
Duane apprehended:

I hope we didn?t scare him off.  It sounds like he has a good project.

Your apprehension has good reasons. Today, in computing sciences and informatics, Ontology (or ontologies) sounds as a fashionable trend. Any good programmer is striving to develop his particular ontology, ontolgy of girlfriends, ontology of enterprises, ontology of emotions and feelings, ontology of real estate property, and now ontology of watches. This all invokes what one great mind branded as ''foolish infinity''.

In fact, the Search Engine for Ontology is the most challenging programming project in our information and computing era. If you manage to build this artifact tomorrow, you name will be in the history for ever. For you will overthrow all established way of human living. At once, all the current Internet meaningless search engines like Google, Yahoo, Ask Jeeves, Internet Explorer, and what not, will become obsolete, and Adobe may become a trillion worth company. But to do this legendary deed, you need just one thing: an operative model of standard ontology for machines and humans.

Not to repeat the same things, as John rightly noted, overcoming my aversion to such things, I submitted the standard ontology project for a European Research Council advanced grant, the 7th FP of the EU, seeking for high-risk but high-impact projects.

If the research proposal will get 2,5 m euro, most of this sum will be directed to building the Search Engine for Standard Ontology. Hope you can get some funds from you company as well, tempting by the mind-boggling perspectives.

azamat abdoullaev