Re: [ontolog-forum] Time representation

To: <edbark@xxxxxxxx>, "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Sharma, Ravi" <Ravi.Sharma@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 13:20:52 -0700
ED    (01)

India would be always - or + 1/2 hour from GMT integrals. Thus it would
be as far as I can remember GMT+5.5 Hours. The British or Indians
decided it that way to keep single time zone for the whole country and
also optimized the Winter-Summer daylight hours thus sparing the hassle
or extra jobs converting to EDT, EST, Daylight savings, etc. This covers
from Assam (east of Kolkota) to Rajasthan in West.    (02)

For astronomers Epochs denote era of counting from some previous time
and nowadays measured in UT. The pole star also precesses thus is not a
great measure for astronomical inertial time scales.    (03)

We will discuss the concept of wheel of time vs arrow of time "sometime"
later.    (04)

The various discussions still prove that we have to be clear in what
connection or concept or background of preceding discussion we are
talking (since use of "Context" is not allowed?)?    (05)

Thanks.    (06)

Ravi    (07)

(Dr. Ravi Sharma) Senior Enterprise Architect    (08)

Vangent, Inc. Technology Excellence Center (TEC)    (09)

8618 Westwood Center Drive, Suite 310, Vienna VA 22182
(o) 703-827-0638, (c) 313-204-1740 www.vangent.com    (010)