Re: [ontolog-forum] (OT) German

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Duane Nickull <dnickull@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 11:01:31 -0800

I totally agree with the following, which is partially what inspired me to
learn German.    (01)

> English, even independent of the issue of spelling, where German is the
>> very model of consistency compared to the chaos of English.    (02)

At the outset, it does seem very orderly but then the exceptions start
coming.  Depending upon the context, an article can be modified in ways that
only a full inquest could unearth.    (03)

IMO - it seems like German developed as a language, then someone tried to
quantify the status quo with a set of rules and exceptions, unlike
artificial languages like Esperanto where designers can strive for accuracy,
consistency and elegance.    (04)

Nevertheless, I always have far too much fun with Germans and have never had
any good Esperantonian beer so I will keep studying German.    (05)

Tschuss!    (06)

Duane    (07)

"Speaking only for myself"
Senior Technical Evangelist - Adobe Systems, Inc.
Blog - http://technoracle.blogspot.com
Community Music - http://www.mix2r.com
My Band - http://www.myspace.com/22ndcentury
Adobe MAX 2008 - http://technoracle.blogspot.com/2007/08/adobe-max-2008.html