Re: [ontolog-forum] predicates in RDF

To: <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: <matthew.west@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 13:02:45 -0000
Dear Paola,    (01)

> > MW: Entity (types) are  the types of things you wish to hold data
> > about. These can be as much verb based - actions, as noun based. So
> > most companies would wish to hold data about the sales they
> made, for
> > example.
>
> I think its considered good practice. Similar arguments would be
> applicable to RDF, imho
>
> Some references quoted below    (02)

MW: For an alternative view try:
Developing High Quality Data Models:
http://www.matthew-west.org.uk/Documents/princ03.pdf    (03)

Regards    (04)

Matthew West
Reference Data Architecture and Standards Manager
Shell International Petroleum Company Limited
Registered in England and Wales
Registered number: 621148
Registered office: Shell Centre, London SE1 7NA, United Kingdom    (05)

Tel: +44 20 7934 4490 Mobile: +44 7796 336538
Email: matthew.west@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.shell.com
http://www.matthew-west.org.uk/    (06)