Re: [ontolog-forum] Free viewer for PowerPoint 2007

To: "[ontolog-forum] rick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx," <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Duane Nickull <dnickull@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 09:00:38 -0700

On 10/21/07 1:27 PM, "richard murphy" <rick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:    (01)

> This situation in standards adoption seems broader than the Microsoft
> case. What makes PDF standardization different ?
>
> http://www.adobe.com/enterprise/standards/    (02)

Richard:    (03)

There are *so many* differences in the way we operate that it would be
beyond the scope of this list to name them all.  This has been recognized by
most governments and enterprises worldwide.    (04)

I'd be happy to take it offline as others have laid out many of the
differences.    (05)

As for legacy, it actually is really clean but there are a few places where
it might seem illogical unless the core design goals are considered. One of
those priority design goals of PDF is to be backwards and forwards
compatible with all versions. People who have implemented it (about 40++)
would not allow someone to break this IMO.    (06)

Duane    (07)

"Speaking only for myself"
Blog - http://technoracle.blogspot.com
Community Music - http://www.mix2r.com