Re: [ontolog-forum] Project Keywords

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: paola.dimaio@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 23:03:54 +0700
Hi Rex
thanks for updates
I    (01)

On 10/12/07, Rex Brooks <rexb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Paola, et al,
>
> First, apologies for not responding earlier, but I do know a little
> about the TaxoThesaurus effort, and its current status. Bob Smith and
> Denise Bedford are the leaders of the effort. Bob recently underwent
> surgery and is some weeks away from taking up the task in earnest
> again.
Best wishes Bob! health is priority    (02)

> The last I heard the topic list she was compiling, which I believe
> corresponds most closely to the concept of a keyword list, had not
> yet been released, but I could well be wrong in that because the
> TaxoThesaurus is not one of my own main projects    (03)

let's say that neither of us has heard about anything coming soon
but surely its just a question of time, in the meantime other related activities
can be beneficial, if purposeful    (04)

. However, I have
> worked as part of the team from time to time and I think it has great
> value potential, as a more in-depth semantic index to the Ontology
> Body of Knowledge than I think this keyword list approach is intended
> to be.    (05)

uhm. Taxo Thesaurus is based on keywords
the PK could be seen as a subset just to get something goin

> However that does not mean that a keywords project such as this would
> not be useful. I am sure that it would be. I confess I have not been
> following it closely, and I am writing to give you some idea of why
> the TaxoThesaurus appears to be in hiatus at the moment.    (06)

thanks a lot    (07)

I suspect
> that a keyword list and the TaxoThesaurus would be highly
> complementary.
yes, I think also    (08)

> My own main interests remain with the uses of ontology in emergency
> response and health informatics, about which you will certainly be
> hearing more in the not too distant future.    (09)

oh good, please share! have you joined the w3c incubator?
are you going to be at Busan> should we have a Bof?    (010)

cheers

> [...]
> >>  >>>>>>>> ------------------------------
> >>  >>>>>>>> Phase one
> >>  >>>>>>>> ------------------
> >>  >>>>>>>> 1) make an initial list of keywords that define the
> >>framework (extract
> >>  >>>>>>>> these from the framework statment and diagrams  (paola
> >>volunteers to
> >>  >>>>>>>> do this first step)
> >>  >>>>>>>>
> >>  >>>>>>>> 2) ask the author of each document on the wiki to extract
> >>the keywords
> >>  >>>>>>>> from their document/presentation/slides onto the keywords of the
> >>  >>>>>>>> framework
> >>  >>>>>>>>
> >  > >>>>>>>> Phase two
> >>  >>>>>>>> --------------------
> >>  >>>>>>>> set up discussion as required
> >>  >>>>>>>> Merge/evolve the set of keywords using other sets of
> >>keywords produced
> >>  >>>>>>>> by related efforts
> >>  >>>>>>>>
> >>  >>>>>>>> Phase three
> >>  >>>>>>>> --------------------
> >>  >>>>>>>> Produce a working document (deliverable)
> >>  >>>>>>>>
> >>  >>>>>>>>
> >>  >>>>>>>> (c) Launch date - Today! .
> >>  >>>>>>>> I do not forsee the need for a 'meeting as such',  but
> >>should anyone
> >>  >>>>>>>> have anything to discuss or questions that cannot be
> >>handled by email
> >>  >>>>>>>> they can call a meeting anytime.
> >>  >>>>>>>>
> >>  >>>>>>>> I am available on skype /blogconthai/ anytime (well
> >>before 10 Pm BKK
> >>  >>>>>>>> time is good for me,) and on gmail -  I am also happy to
> >>work asynch
> >  > >>>>>>>> I have opened a chat room on skype for voice and text
> >>  >>>>>>>>

>>>http://ui.skype.com/ui/0/3.2.0.148/en/publicchats-join?skypename=blogconthai&topic=Ontology%20Keywords&blob=CFbslW-yDnKHbko2iKrF5kPFyPi0jyRMgut6Z1x0su_7_2GlBR06wbRBLjsQqd-uOYoHGtI
> >>  >>>>>>>>
> >>  >>>>>>>>
> >>  >>>>>>>>  [1], Ken Baclawsaki > is championing a similar exercise
> >>for artifacts
> >>  >>>>>>>> collected from the
> >>  >>>>>>>>
> >>  >>>>>>>>> OntologySummit2007_Survey
> >>  >>>>>>>>>
> >>  >>>>>>>> ken - can you share your tags so far?
> >>  >>>>>>>>
> >>  >>>>>>>>
> >>  >>>>>>>>  [2] >  ... some coordination between this potential task
> >>team and his, and,
> >>  >>>>>>>>
> >>  >>>>>>>>> as previously mentioned, to the OntologTaxoThesaurus project
>work
> >>  >>>>>>>>>
> >>  >>>>>>>> please Ontotaxo group point to the latest list of tems
> >>extracted, at
> >>  >>>>>>>> least we can start looking at it?  Shall we continue this thread
>on
> >>  >>>>>>>> the ontologizing list to keep the coordination going?

Paola Di Maio
School of IT
www.mfu.ac.th