Re: [ontolog-forum] Project Keywords

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: paola.dimaio@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 19:16:36 +0700
Hi Jackub    (01)

> how is this project different from the Taxo Thesaurus project? (
> http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologTaxoThesaurus )
> Seems like Taxo Thesaurus already kind of includes the scope of the
> keywords project.    (02)

well, I also think the scope is similar, possibly overlapping at
times, however, I think we should start working with the framework
applications asap ( 'NOW) while there is no clear indication of any
time frame for the TT deliverables to be ready - also TT started long
before the framework was conceived, while project keywords is solely
related to the framework at this stage (link to framework below)
TT is a concerted group effort, with broad scope and a variety of
goals, which requires the availability and coordination of people
resources which are not available at times  (I am eagerly waiting for
a list of keywords from the TT team, but I suspect they have been
drawned by the output of their indexing effort cause I have not heard
from them since the last mail that said 'the index will run
overnight'. I am tempted to call 911)    (03)

PK  is more intended to be on quick side of things, its going to be a
fast job with an output that could be used asap
(index keywords from the framework, use as tags,  and ask resource
contributors to tag their work accordingly, we could have a tidy
archive pretty quickly)
. So it is proposed that the framework keywords is developed alongside
the TT and possibly integrated if the final output of PK indeed
overlaps the TT one    (04)

> Also, you refer to some 'framework' in the draft. What is the framework?
> Is it some framework that already exists or should it be developed as
> part of this project?    (05)

Apologies for the assumption. The framework is the document were
discussed at length earlier this year, and can be retrieved with a
search, below  the main links    (06)

Let me know if you have thoughts
cheers    (07)

PDM    (08)

[ontology-summit] Ontology Framework Draft Statement for the ...
Here is our draft statement about the Ontology Framework. We invite
you to consider and discuss this -- now and in next week's sessions.
ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/2007-04/msg00023.html -    (09)

OntologWiki: OntologySummit2007 Framework Session
Subject: Ontology Summit 2007 Workshop-1 - Defining the Framework
(106R); Session Chair: .... Session Recording of this Ontology Summit
2007 Session (107L) ...
ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologySummit2007_Framework_Session    (010)

Best
PDM    (011)

Paola Di Maio
School of IT