Re: [ontolog-forum] quadruples talk

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Rex Brooks <rexb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 07:56:37 -0700
Actually, many folks have suggested this over the last few years.    (01)

I would suggest that the meta-referencing of
triples as subjects of subsequent triples is
exactly what we need n-aries or "tuples" to
accomplish more easily. Computationally, our
machines can handle these kinds of layered
relationships. It's our notations and our wetware
(these brains we carry around in the between our
ears and behind our eyes) that have difficulty
with the processes. Some (mine) more than others.    (02)

I have toyed with a sequential 3D representation
of quads as ways to depict the next gen databases
we need and I have at least one colleague working
on a reliable representation of and set of
computations for hypercube analytics, but I
confess he loses me very quickly when explaining
it. However, I'm pretty sure I can represent it
if he can get reliable results. A testable alpha
SDK is coming soon, and if I can't break it, I
will try to convince him to share it more widely
(after making sure all the IPR issues are
settled). Regardless, there's no doubt that this
is the direction we'll go, IMHO.    (03)

Right now I think it is more important to get our
ontological houses in order so that we can make
use of this computational power. By that I mean
that we need to have the highest quality
ontologies possible for higher order logic
systems to work with.    (04)

However, we are , at least, making a decent start on it all.    (05)

Cheers,
Rex    (06)

Rex Brooks
President, CEO