Re: [ontolog-forum] Current Semantic Web Layer Cake

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Mills Davis <lmd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 22:23:46 -0400
Thanks Randall.

Yes. Most of what we have been working with are separate description logic inference engines, rules engines, and SQL engines linked to separate applications, so we find ourselves talking about hybrid reasoning solution. So, by tooling (and independent of performance considerations)  I'm envisioning software solutions that would enable us to bring these different formalisms, or subsets of FOL under one environment. My understanding is that your support of CLIF lets you express whatever it is that the originating applications are working with in a CL interchangeable way.  So, it sounds like you have a full CL inference engine. Also, are you implementing the IKL extensions?