Re: [ontolog-forum] Terminology Question concerning WebArchitecture and

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: paola.dimaio@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 10:50:08 +0700
I am so glad you ar epicking up on this VERY IMPORTANT point.    (01)

I once attended a philology seminar in Spain called 'the poetry of
silence' poetica del silencio, which was studying precisely the role
of intervals in poetic speech, making  that point. It can be equally
applied to music. Things can exist only because they are in contrast
to what not exists, something that in vedic literature is referret to
as 'duality' (not sure how you call that in western physics, but
surely such phenomenon must have been observed)    (02)

'Nothing'  can be seen from many viewpoints, in fact I think I should
study it in more detail    (03)

1) nothing is something that does not exist - therefore cannot be modelled
 I have been wrestiling a lot with this notion, then decided toa ccept
that 'nothing' exists
although that is causing me much trouble - is nothing part of
everything? is nothing the
complementary side to everything? never mind, lets consider it
'undecidable' at the moment    (04)

2) nothing is  something that exists in a different dimension (the
other side of the black hole)
If something exists that has a '(negative) dimension, then modelling
its critical, in the same way that minus zero stuff exists in its own
right,    (05)

Eastern philosophy, places much importance in the 'void'. The void is
the creative space where things can come into being. To paraphrase
tao teh ching:    (06)

  The vessel (a cup) is only useful thanks to its voidness part,
a room is made of the space within some walls, but it could not be
used if there weren't empt y spaces such as doors and windows,
Only thanks to emptyness that fullness can be achieved. This we also
apply in tai chi, and some internal forms of Kung fu. etc    (07)

(more examples here: http://wayist.org/ttc%20compared/chap11.htm)    (08)

In classical western thinking there is no place for it, I am glad you
like the idea of making it a category, I am still pondering that one.    (09)

cheers    (010)

PDM    (011)

Paola Di Maio
School of IT