Re: [ontolog-forum] Cause and chemical reactions

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Christopher Menzel <cmenzel@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2007 12:41:23 -0500
> ...anyway, the jist is, that Aristotle and the Greeks may just have
> been relaying knowledge that may come from far before their times,
> told to them by who knows what troubadours and storytellers coming
> from afar, the source of which is lost in time and space...and we
> are still trying to trace back....to work out our physics....    (01)

Contemporary physicists on the whole don't know a thing about Greek
philosophy, let alone ancient troubadours and storytellers steeped in
myth, ignorance, and superstition.  And I am not aware of any
developments in modern physics that involve anyone tracing back to
the ancients for guidance.    (02)

-chris    (03)