Re: [ontolog-forum] {Disarmed} Reality and Truth

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Azamat" <abdoul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2007 02:02:06 +0300
John, Waclav, Debby, and Ken,    (01)

Reality, Truth, and God are the issues of great significance. If you so
brave to tackle these most difficult tasks, on this forum the topics must be
viewed from an ontological landscape; namely, to seek the nature and basic
meaning of these complex conceptions: what is reality, what is true, and
what is the nature of God.    (02)

To start a fruitful discussion about these most challenging subjects, one
needs to have some ontological groundwork. First of all, that there are
appearances or phenomena, chaotic, unintelligible, and unreal, and laying
behind them stable, intelligible and real realities. That the main business
of ontology is to determine what is truly real or what really exist, giving
a unified account of reality and its possible formal representations.    (03)

That there is truth (falsity) as an agreement (disagreement) between the
mind (thought, cognition, intellect) and reality (thing, object, entity),
what shouldn't be mixed with its subordinate senses: a true statement,
accuracy (true value), probability, and verified fact.    (04)

That there is a hierarchy of truths:    (05)

ontological (when truth resides in things);    (06)

logical (truth resides in ideas, tautologies);    (07)

mathematical (truth is validity or coherency, axioms);    (08)

semantic (truth is meaning);    (09)

verbal (truth of words or speech);    (010)

factual or empirical (physical, chemical, biological, and social);    (011)

moral norms and imperatives;    (012)

poetic or fictitious truths;    (013)

religious truths (divine verities).    (014)

So what is the cause of truth in thought, speech, etc. is nothing else but
the reality of entities, or ontological truths, since things are the measure
of the intellect, and the nature of the things is the cause of knowledge in
the human mind.    (015)

Discussing the issue of God, just to mention its attributes as
immateriality, simplicity, eternity, immutability, infinity, perfection,
goodness, or omnipotence, omnipresence, omniscience, justice, mercy, love,
glory, has nothing to do with real understanding of the essence of God. The
ontological issue of God consists in what its fundamental nature might be:
the supernatural order, or the universe as a whole, or the supreme being in
the universe, or the most perfect intelligent being, or a pure intelligence,
etc. And if a sense of divinity, deity, immortal, or god is instinctively
present in the human mind as the inbuilt moral sense and common sense.    (016)

Summing up:    (017)

False premises, wrong definitions or their lack are usually the source of
all false and meaningless and futile reasoning and dogmas, [like that form
make the very essence of the thing].   A valid logical reasoning doesn't
warrant a true conclusion, since its real truth is contingent on the truth
of its premises, the ontological truths of the nature of things.    (018)

 Azamat Abdoullaev    (019)

.