[ontolog-forum] Infrastructure for ... A "common basis"

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 18:52:14 -0700
[branching off the thread here ...]    (01)

>> [DH] do you think Ontolog should organize itself to be the
>> custodian of all this? If not, who would watch over it?    (02)

> [JS] Ontolog is not currently designed for such a function,
> but that might be something that could be taken on by
> a consortium that might evolve out of Ontolog participants.
>
> That is a good point to discuss.    (03)

[ppy]  I welcome the discussion to explore this further.  .... I would
even offer to (have CIM3) provide the collaborative infrastructure for
such an endeavor.    (04)

CIM3 is already:    (05)

(a)  working on a collaborative ontology development and repository
service infrastructure with the Protege team (see "CODS":
http://protege.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ProjectsThatUseProtege#nid5JM).    (06)

(b) We're also hosting some of the SUMO work (e.g. as in the Ontolog
CCT-Rep project -
http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/ontology/UBLONT/CCTONT-worksheet-v0-4.html),
and    (07)

(c) providing platform for the ONTAC-WG (ref:
http://colab.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologyTaxonomyCoordinatingWG)    (08)

Regards.  =ppy