Re: [ontolog-forum] Disaster Management ontology BOF in Delft

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: paola.dimaio@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 21:19:37 +0700
Dear Rex and all

thanks for pointers

I have circulated the edxl review period link to peers before, I think it might be useful to test it againt specific use cases

Indeed this is important

I wonder if we could use this opportunity as a testbed for the proposed framework

Should we create a conceptual link between the edxl schema to a bigger picture for EM.

 I mean, we have established that a schema IS NOT  an ontology, and that an ontolopgy HAS schemas, right?

would this be a useful exercise to plot this schema into a bigger, yet to become, em picture made of entities and relationships and peoples and things
 would this help people understand why edxl is important?
(I am still thinking of joining the EMTC btw, long 'to do' list)

PDM