[ontolog-forum] Disaster Management ontology BOF in Delft

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, renato@xxxxxxxxxxxx, "Alexander Smirnov" <smir@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: paola.dimaio@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 16:59:11 +0700
Dear all
[apologies for cross posting]

Following the ongoing discussion in this community, and latest thread on w3 list, I have been considering how best to bring the
emergency management ontology to the industry discussion table, (other than starting a war)

Although I have not yet succeeded to have the topic included in the conference agenda ,  peers  attending ISCRAM in Delft  Holland 13-16 next month also consider the discussion important, so I am touching base with a couple of people with the idea of setting up a BOF with the aim to get to know each other and exchange ideas

I am personally not likely to be in the conference (considering my topic of interest has not been included) but I'll try to hang around a couple of days in the neighborhood so that we can get the discussion going, and hopefully have it included in the future official editions of the conference.

I take this chance to invite anyone on this list or colleague, especially those likely to be physically in the region who may want to come out for an emergency drink,  to flag their interest, so that we can keep you posted of our whereabouts

Feel free to forward  Renato's  email below, sent to w3 list

Cheers
Paola Di Maio

FORWARDED
Hi all - a few of us attending the ISCRAM Conference have proposed a
BOF on "Ontologies for Emergency Management"
which is receiving lots of interest from the community and standards
groups.

See <http://esw.w3.org/topic/DisasterManagement > as an example.

If you are interested, the please email me directly and we will
arrange for appropriate logistics at Delft.

Cheers...
Dr Renato Iannella
Principal Scientist
NICTA, Level 19, 300 Adelaide St, Brisbane, QLD, 4000 AUSTRALIA
[t] +61 7 3000 0484 [f] +61 7 3000 0480 [m] +61 4 1313 2206
[e] renato@xxxxxxxxxxxx [w] http://nicta.com.au [i] aim:renatoi2003
[v] skype:riannella