Re: [ontolog-forum] spinning-off the volume traffic from the general dis

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 10:37:37 -0800
Thanks Duane.    (01)

> > I appreciate the ongoing discussion and would trade anything for
> > it!
>
> [DN]  Did you mean "wouldn't" trade it for anything?    (02)

[ppy]  you are correct ... I should have said: "I would give up
anything just to keep it"...    (03)

> [DN]  We also might want to place instructions on how
> to create mail filter on the wiki.    (04)

[ppy] would you (or anyone) want to give a crack at this? (maybe
better done on the wiki ... we can then enhance, or add more
instructions for different clients.) I just started the following page
on the wiki for this purpose:    (05)

> [DN]  Suggestions:
>
> General list (general discussions)
> Announce (announce new conferences, meetings, events, job offers)
> Topics of active discussion (what has typically transpired here)
> Implementation ( a track for people to discuss implementation issues)
> Administrative (ontolog forum admin, responses to community, sponsorship,
> timing of events, etc.)    (07)

[ppy]  Ref. list name, what we currently have, are:    (08)

[ontolog-forum] - general discussion; also marks if a person is a
member of the Ontolog community    (09)

[ontolog-invitation] - event announcement list    (010)

[ontology-summit] - ongoing OntologySummit2007 discussion (will be
using the same list next year when we do OntologySummit2008, etc.)    (011)

[uos-convene] - last year's UpperOntologySummit discussion (now
inactive; all members transferred to [ontology-summit])    (012)

[ontologizing] - OntologizingOntolog mini-series, and ongoing list for
sub-projects thereof (like "OntologTaxoThesaurus)    (013)

[health-ont] - discussion for health ontology related projects (like
NHIN-RFI-response)    (014)

[onion-forum] - ongoing ONION project discussion    (015)

[cctont-imp] - discussion for the project when we implemented
"CCT-Representation" (Formal representation of the ebXML Core
Component Type (CCT)) project (project not active now.)    (016)

[ontolog-dev] - tools development discussion (not active)    (017)

[ontolog-admin] - Ontolog community administration discussion    (018)

[ontolog-test] - for sysadmin 'testing' (to make sure list and
archives are working properly) etc.    (019)

Thanks & regards.  =ppy
--    (020)