Re: [ontolog-forum] Representing mental & emotional states

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: paola.dimaio@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 09:14:45 +0700
Emotional and mental states have a high degree of subjectivity,
fluctuate a lot, and are not 'stable'  also they are directly
determined by 'perception', as well as by other variables like
enviromental, neural, phsychological and other factors    (01)

Perception in turn is influenced by the senses, and the senses are
influenced (also)
by lifestyle (eating habits, memories, associations, genetics for example)    (02)

 I think to be able to model subjectivity is very challenging, even
more challenging
is going to integrate that into a stable system    (03)

These days (everything is possible) we have 'personalisation' that
models that view, to some extent.I can set my /mood/ and let the semantic web
pitch my mood with whatever is on offer for the day.    (04)

Let's start a SIG    (05)

Pdm    (06)

Paola Di Maio
School of IT, MFU.ac.th