Re: [ontolog-forum] Levels

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Christopher Menzel <cmenzel@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 14:24:33 -0600
> I may not have worded it correctly, but the key point is that in
> certain
> languages, some words become "favorites" which I interpreted to
> mean they
> "carried more weight" than others.  Some words in a sentence
> actually modify
> the context of the other words in the sentence.  This makes it very
> difficult to nail down the semantics of any one word in an ontology,
> dictionary or other lexicon.    (01)

Which is all quite interesting, but my point was simply that this had
nothing to do with the statement you'd quoted.  My other point was
that you should probably make your case with languages you are a
little more familiar with -- unless of course you are interested in
sparking an international incident. ;-)    (02)