Re: [ontolog-forum] Technical Discussion Session on "Semantic Web Servi

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Amit Sheth <amit@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: David Martin <martin@xxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 18:16:50 -0700
We had an most wonderful virtual session today with Nicolas
Rouquette from NASA/JPL who moderated the Discussion on "Semantic
Web Service Ontology Standard".    (01)

Thanks to our distinguished panel, which included David Martin
(OWL-S), John Domingue (WSMO), Amit Sheth (WSDL-S) and Michael
Gruninger (SWSF / FLOWS), and the experts in the audience, we
collectively delved into the various perspectives and approaches
being taken by the state-of-the-art researchers on the subject
matter. We tried to make some sense of the current situation, and
even suggested where things should possibly be heading. Please
refer, again, to details at the session wiki page at
ConferenceCall_2005_10_20 where the presented materials and a lot
of relevant resources have now been posted for everyone's reference.    (02)

The digitized (mp3) audio recording of the entire discussion has
also been posted. As usual, this will be archived in our
knowledge repository for reference and download by anyone
interested. Additionally, for the next 10 days, telephone
playback will also available. See details at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2005_10_20#nidFQQ    (03)

Thanks & regards.  =ppy    (04)    (04)

P.S. Our next major events is scheduled for Thursday, Nov. 3,
2005,  Mr. Rex Brooks from HumanMarkup.org will be moderating a
Take-II (as a follow-up to our 2005.08.25 session) of the Panel
Discussion on "Healthcare Informatics Landscapes, Roadmaps, and
Blueprints: Towards a Business Case Strategy for Large Scale
Ontology Projects". Please mark your calendars ... and, watch out
for our announcements on these two events which should be coming
out any moment now.    (05)

P.P.S. In view of the fact that the National Center for
Ontological Research (NCOR) will be having their Inaugural Event
next Thursday (at Buffalo, NY), where a good number of our
community members will be present at, we will NOT be having our
regular weekly conference call that day (repeat, no call on
2005.10.27). So, talk to you again Thu 2005.11.03   =ppy