Re: [ontolog-forum] Update on SMINK/Invoices ontology -- Some Core Compo

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Patrick Cassidy <pcassidy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 13:35:49 -0500
    I have uploaded the latest versions of the KIF
and Protege files containing the combined SUMO 1.56 and
Mid-Level ontologies, plus the Invoices concepts
added by Adam Pease and myself.  This version
(SMINK007) contains a few more concepts useful for
explicit definition of some additional core concepts
as well as the concept of a "Code", included in the
previous version (SMINK006).
    The UML and XLS files with the core concepts provide
(I think) by Tim McGrath are really useful in trying to
get an understanding of what those concepts are supposed
to mean.  Thanks to Tim and Peter for making them available.    (01)

    At this point I think it should be worthwhile to have
another conference call dedicated to reviewing the
concepts added to SUMO + MILO thus far.  I am especially
concerned about some ambiguities in the definitions of
the core concepts that leave me uncertain how they should
be represented in SKIF.    (02)

     The files available are:
     ftp://micra.com/ontolog/smink007.zip    --  the WinZipped Protege
                               files for the combined SUMO, Mid-Level,
                               and Invoices ontology:  SMINK007
     ftp://micra.com/ontolog/skifcore.zip    --  the WinZipped Protege
                               SKIFcore.* files (3) for the base Protege
                               ontology required to import a SKIF file
                               using the SKIF tab
     ftp://micra.com/ontolog/skif_tab.jar    --  the jar file for the
                                SkifTab plugin which will import a SKIF
                                file into Protege (if it follows the
                                SUMO-SKIF conventions)
     ftp://micra.com/ontolog/samin007.zip     --  a zipped text file
                                 "samin007.txt", which is the
                                SKIF-format file for the combined
                                SUMO, Mid-Level,  and Invoices
                                ontologies (the SKIF-text version of
                                Protege ontology SMINK007)    (03)

    As before, I would appreciate it if anyone who can load a
SKIF ontology in Sigma or Sevcenko's browser would take
the "samin006.txt" file (presumably in SKIF format) and try
to load it to see if other parsers can pick up any syntax or
logical errors that I haven't detected.    (04)

     Pat    (05)

Patrick Cassidy    (06)

MICRA, Inc.                      || (908) 561-3416
735 Belvidere Ave.               || (908) 668-5252 (if no answer)
Plainfield, NJ 07062-2054        || (908) 668-5904 (fax)    (07)

internet:   cassidy@xxxxxxxxx