Re: [ontolog-forum] Proceedings of 2003.03.20 Conference Call

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Adam Pease <apease@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 16:32:14 -0800
Folks,
   Sorry my participation has been limited recently.  I noticed one item on
the meeting notes was "Create an ontology so that software agents can carry
out a UBL transaction in an automated fashion."  I should mention that the
DAML-Services effort has been trying to do just that.  One problem is that
DAML doesn't have rules (yet) so the degree of semantic detail is
limited.  We also felt that the effort would benefit from having the
support of a more general ontology.  We've published a version that covers
the content of DAML-S but in KIF, and consistent with our Suggested Upper
Merged Ontology.  You can find it at
<http://reliant.teknowledge.com/DAML/ServiceOntology.kif>.  The SUMO,
Financial Ontology and Quality of Service ontologies that it depends on are
available at <http://ontology.teknowledge.com>. I hope folks will consider
reusing this content.    (01)

Adam    (02)

mailto:ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx    (04)