Re: [ontolog] ontology tools and an ontology repository?

To: ontolog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: MDaconta@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 11:36:06 EST
In a message dated 11/13/2002 5:14:54 PM US Mountain Standard Time, mmartin@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

With the ongoing work of the Common Business Process Catalog folks and
the discussions ongoing, and the release of ebXML Reg/Rep v.3.0, I think
you will be surprised at the capabilities' potential.  This is not only
for the repository and discovery via a registry, but in what we
understand as knowledge (and our concepts of business entities).  Worth
a look I think.

I have to second this.  I believe the ebXML Registry Information Model (RIM)
is well thought out and intuitive.  It may not be sufficient but an analysis
of its suitability to store a full-blown ontology would be time well spent.
Additionally, the JAXR API uses the RIM as its basis to map to any
registry via a Service Provider (including UDDI).

- Mike
Michael C. Daconta
Director, Web & Technology Services
www.mcbrad.com