iaoa-education

Re: [iaoa-education] grants isc2012: docs

To: IAOA Education Committee <iaoa-education@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Robert Hoehndorf <leechuck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 15:18:10 +0100

Hi,    (02)

    >> If so, I suggest the following: we aim for 10 travel grants
    >> (worth 300 Euro each).
    SB> this might look fair but...  if we give 300 Euro to a Dxxxxx
    SB> student (which are usually rich and can fly low cost within
    SB> Europe) and 300 Euro to a, say, Fxxxxx student (which are
    SB> usually poor and have an expensive flight ticket), are we sure
    SB> we are fair and behave according to the IAOA aims and goals (see
    SB> the Statute)?    (03)

I agree, that is a good point to consider.    (04)

Maybe it will be best if we review the applications first and then
discuss the distribution of the grants based on the specific needs of
the students. If Antony, Werner, Fabian and I suggest 1-3 students each,
we should have a small enough group to discuss the needs on an
individual basis.    (05)

Rob.    (06)

Msg Archives: http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/iaoa-education/
Committee File-share: http://iaoa.cim3.net/file/work/Committee/Education/