iaoa-education

Re: [iaoa-education] grants isc2012: docs

To: IAOA Education Committee <iaoa-education@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Fabian Neuhaus <fneuhaus@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 03:08:45 -0400

Robert and all,
It seems to me that we should consider the amount people ask for when
we rank them. For example, one of my applicants if from Bxxxxx and
another one is from Venezuela. The one from Bxxxxx is arguably a
little bit more qualified, but he asks for us to cover the costs for
his whole trip. This is estimated by him as 1930 Euros. Even if this
is a little bit pessimistic, it is still more than half of our budget.
In contrast, the person from Venezuela asks for a grant that covers
accommodation (below 400 Euros if we use one of the options Stefano
and Claudio mentioned). This is why I suggested to accepted her and to
reject the fellow from Bxxxxx.    (01)

I attach a file with comments on my six candidates.
Best
Fabian    (02)

On Apr 14, 2012, at 10:57 AM, Robert Hoehndorf wrote:    (03)

Msg Archives: http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/iaoa-education/
Committee File-share: http://iaoa.cim3.net/file/work/Committee/Education/
Committee Wiki: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?IaoaEducation
Activities Blog: http://iaoa-activities.blogspot.com/ ...(coming!)