iaoa-education

Re: [iaoa-education] grants isc2012: docs

To: IAOA Education Committee <iaoa-education@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Robert Hoehndorf <leechuck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2012 15:57:53 +0100
>>>>> "GA" == Galton, Antony <A.P.Galton@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:    (01)

Hi,    (02)

I went through the applications assigned to me (see the attached file),
and came up with 2 strong accepts, 2 accept, 1 borderline, 1 reject.    (03)

One problem I had is that there are 2 strong candidates in the six I
reviewed, both of which are strong candidates, but both apply for rather
comprehensive support (flights from Bxxxxx, accommodation,
registration). From their statements, I am not sure if they would be
able to participate if they receive only a partial grant. Therefore, I
scored them one point down (to "accept"), but I am not sure if this is
the best option.    (04)

How should we deal with these cases?    (05)

Rob.    (06)