health-ont

Re: [health-ont] Abstract due Monday: FCW 1st Government Health IT Conf

To: "[health-ont]" <health-ont@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 09:30:55 -0700
Pat,    (01)

While I agree that we should always use something like " ....
such as OpenVistA" (rather than locking us totally into any one
particular product, I have to point out that the Ontolog have had
multiple interactions with the WorldVistA people.    (02)

I list some of those that come to mind quickly:    (03)

o  Chris Richardson and David Whitten (both founders of
WorldVistA) are Ontolog members.    (04)

o  they are a part of the team and contributed to our NHIN-RFI
response    (05)

O we had a full session at Ontolog featuring  these two gentlemen
and the OpenVistA product and approach less than 2 months ago -
ref:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2005_06_16    (06)

o  they have both been active, and David has been in quite a few
of our weekly calls and speaker/discussion sessions    (07)

They are "open" and is probably the most established open tool in
the particular space we are talking about. To say the least, they
are a prime candidate for potential future Ontolog projects where
such a tool is needed.    (08)

Cheers.  =ppy

Msg Archives: http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/health-ont/
Community Files: http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/work/health-ont/NHIN-RFI/