RE: [ontolog-forum] Proposal for UBL Ontology Project

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Yunker, John" <yunker@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 17:07:34 -0800
I am interested in participating from both an Amazon.com perspective and from
an ebXML / UNCEFACT perspective.      (01)

Note that there are groups from UCC/EAN, OAG, and several other vertical
industry initiatives that are at the same time monitoring, participating, and
paralleling the UBL work (OAG is focused on automotive and aerospace, UCC/EAN
is retail, PIDX is petroleum, RosettaNet is IT industry (Note that Jon Bosak is
part of the architecture team for RosettaNet which is a division of
EAN/UCC...), and UN/CEFACT is creating a subset of reusable information
elements (Core Components) and superset of semantic business objects (business
entity library) for use by all of these groups.    (02)

An independent ontology effort could either help normalize these efforts, or
could be seen as repetitive.  Done right it could be quite useful.    (03)

FYI,
John    (04)

John Yunker
Architect, Enterprise Integration
www.amazon.com
member, ebXML joint coordination committee    (05)